Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flying Trout wine!

I am so excited to go to Walla Walla this weekend to meet our friends from Boise. I just got an email about Flying Trout's new blends, see the tasting notes below. This will definitely be one of my first stops!

The wine maker, Ashley Trout, writes "This crush has been one of the earliest in recent Walla Walla history. Grapes are ripening and crushers are crushing. The following, therefore, will be brief. From now until September 30th, the following wines will be available for purchase: 2006 Deep River Red Blend (Sangiovese/Malbec) $29-2007 Cutthroat Blend (Syrah/Malbec) $35-Feel free to contact Carol for sales. 509-240-2219. carol@flyingtroutwines.com"

The Cutthroat Blend

2007 Cutthroat Blend


Case Production
72 cases made

Technical Notes

33% 2007 Konnowac Vineyard malbec, Rattlesnake Hills AVA
67% 2007 Phinny Hill Vineyard syrah, Horse Heaven Hills AVA
Used American oak

Recommended Cellar Time
Open 2012 - 2016

Tasting Notes:
Fleshy blueberries on buttermilk biscuits with a side of plum jam, trailed by whole black pepper, cardamom, with just a pinch of Chanel No. 5 and leather. This practically blue wine might be my weirdest and favorite blend yet. Many Argentine wineries are doing syrah/malbec blends, but they rarely make it up here because of politics and marketing- such a shame.



[I just adore this tasting note. It's descriptive and sassy. I can't wait to try this wine to see if I agree with the wine maker.]

No comments:

Lijit Search Wijit

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Followers

Designed By:




Lily Thomas and Lyra


    follow me on Twitter

    I love ballet!

    I love ballet!
    Ballerina Project

    Twitter with me!

    Mr. F and me

    Mr. F and me

    I love horses!

    I love horses!
    Woman and Horse (2006, 60" x 60", Digital C-Print) by KARIN BUBAš

    Life in the Fulmer Lane

    /

    Blooming on Bainbridge

    Lavender and Lilies

    Etsy it Up! Now Swell Swag!

    Fairy Tales are True


    Gussy

    My Favorite Things

    Blog Archive

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share